In 2003 I undertook Life Coaching having reached a point in my life where I didn’t know what my purpose was or who I was anymore. This had been building for a number of years and it seemed that I was simply ‘existing’ rather than ‘living’. All I could see was a very empty and unfulfilled road ahead of me. With a lack of any motivation, energy or enthusiasm, it was sometimes all I could do to plan the weekly shopping! My confidence and self-esteem were at rock bottom.
One day, by accident (or fate) I came across two books, ‘Life Lessons’ by Elisabeth Kubler Ross/David Kessler, and ‘Be Your Own Life Coach’ by Fiona Harold. Both these books served to deliver a huge impact on me – for different reasons – and encouraged me to seek Personal Coaching as my way forward.
Through the Coaching process, came the realisation that I wasn’t living by any of my values hence the frustrations and emptiness I felt. Through exploration I became aware of so much potential that remained untapped and as a consequence my confidence and self-esteem started to grow. I gained the tools to further build on my potential and by the end of my coaching I knew with absolute conviction what my purpose in life and my way forward was – LIFE COACHING !
The following is a brief resume of experience to date………
- Accredited to NLP Practitioner level in 2004 with ‘Organisational Healing’
- Gained Rivas Palmer (formerly European Coaching Foundation) diploma in 2004 in Business and Personal Coaching achieving a distinction for my practice client work. Hence, Aiming Higher was formed.
- In 2009 I completed a PG certificate in Business and Personal coaching accredited by Chester University.
- Volunteer coach/mentor for Lancashire probation service working with offenders to help them gain literacy skills to improve employment opportunities – see mentoring
- I have extensive experience of the organisation of social groups/functions and activities in the professional and private sector. More recently I became co-organiser of a very successful local social group (part of international ‘Meetup’) currently approaching 200 members.
- The organisation and running of holistic therapy days within businesses to promote health and wellbeing amongst staff. This has included both the education and NHS sector.
- Qualified Reflexologist and Reiki Healer
- I have been working in the third sector as a dementia adviser for the last 4 years and organising and running support and activity groups within that role. This includes working with social services, emergency services, and all partner agencies to ensure that people living with dementia have access to as much support as possible to help them live well with dementia.
- IMCA qualified and trained 2014 (Independent Mental Capacity Advocate)
Overall I have worked with a diverse range of individuals which have included CEO’s and offenders, helping people to get from where they are to where they want to be. Take a look at the testimonials and see for yourself how coaching could work for you. If you would like one of these to be YOU …………..that first step is only a phone call away! Tel: 07940 370867 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With a money back guarantee the only thing you have to lose is TIME